Section 1: Foundation – the Bible
We believe it is God’s revelation to mankind of Himself, of His wisdom, and of His will.
We believe that the Bible is the source of wisdom for man’s purpose, activities, and direction.
We believe that God the Spirit leads true believers into a correct understanding of the Bible.
Section 2: Key Doctrines
- We believe that there is one holy God eternally existing as three, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who created the world in 6 literal days, sustains and rules over it, and will judge all mankind.
- We believe that the Bible is from God, given to man through men, and is timeless truth for all men as the only infallible rule for faith and life.
- We believe that Satan is a fallen angel, bent on tempting and influencing people away from God, yet is always under God’s authority.
- We believe that every person both male and female is born a sinner and enemy of God who needs saved from a sure damnation in hell.
- We believe that Jesus, being fully God, was born sinless of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and laid His life down as a sacrifice for others and was raised from the dead in triumph.
- We believe that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, and that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit to eternal life with God.
- We believe that those truly born again are to follow Jesus in baptism and regularly thank and remember Jesus in communion.
- We believe that Christians are called to engage the world for Jesus (salt and light) and to separate from the world and to Jesus.
- We believe that the church is the work of Jesus and exists to bear witness to the Bible and to serve those who are redeemed and others.
- We believe that Jesus is returning to rule over the earth, judge all men, and recreate the earth perfect.
Section 3: SSB Values
- Our Love – Jesus! (I Peter 1:8)
- Our Hope – Jesus is coming for His church! (John 14:1-3)
- Our Desire – meaningful fellowship with Jesus and one another (Matt. 22:36-40)
- Our Vision – “present every person perfect in Christ” (Col. 1:28)
- Our Mission – “Christ in you – the hope of glory” (Col. 1:27)
For more detail, ask for the SSB Statement of Faith.